Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Megan!!!

Today is Megan's 1st birthday!!!  I could write ten paragraphs about how fast the time has gone by, and how I wish she could stay my baby forever, but I would rather write about the love our family feels for her, and the pure enjoyment she brings us all.  She is the little sister; adored by her family and everyone who meets her.

The bad news- Meggie is sick; Amy is too.  Grandma and Grandpa are visiting, and within a day or so of them getting here, everyone in the house was under the weather.  Usually the girls get over stuff quickly.  I knew something wasn't right when I started feeling better, and they were getting worse and worse.  We had a little party for Meg last night, with cake and presents.  However, Meg couldn't care less.  No smiles, no interest.  She didn't even take much notice of her cake.  The girls went to the doctor this afternoon, and both were diagnosed with RSV.  Amy is doing very well, considering, and just needs some over the counter medication to get over the hump.  Meg's levels were bad across the board, and she is on a steroid and breathing treatments. :(  Not the best way to spend your 1st birthday.

Here are a few pictures form our little party last night.  We will definitely be doing a birthday re-do in the near future...hopefully with some of those sweet smiles. :)




I will post her 1 year stats after our appointment next week.  I canceled her well-baby check-up seeing as how she isn't a well baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment