Monday, May 27, 2013

Las Vegas 2013

Jeramie and I were able to get away for the long weekend.  I have never been to Vegas, and Jerm hasn't been since he was about 16.  It was a fun and fast couple of days.  We really missed the girls, but it was nice to spend time alone...with all the crazy Vegas people.  I mean, I saw a fully bearded man in a dress and wedding veil.  Crazy. :)

First stop- The Las Vegas Sign


Fremont Street; Downtown Las Vegas.  Interesting does not begin to describe this part of the trip.  There are some very colorful people here...and excellent Thai food. :)

And because I am a nerd...


At the top of the Stratosphere.  We got the great idea to walk from Fremont Street to the Stratosphere.  That's a long walk.



We started Sunday off at the Hoover Dam.
We took a dam tour and some dam pictures.
Ugh...the dam jokes could go on and on...








We took the electrical plant tour.  That is our group deep under ground.  

After the Hoover Dam we spent the rest of the day walking up and down the Strip.  The hotels and attractions there were amazing.  I would have loved for the girls to be there with us.  Amy would have been so excited to see some of the things we saw.

A huge bird made out of birdseed.



Pretty purple flowers that made me think of Amy.


The ceiling of a hotel...




The fountain display at the Bellagio


No comments:

Post a Comment